Chemineer Inc. is an American based company established in 1952, and one of the largest mixer suppliers in the world. The Chemineer name is well known in many markets including chemical and petrochemical, mineral processing, food and beverage, water treatment, polymers, FGD/energy, biotechnology and pulp and paper.
Chemineer distinguishes itself from competitors with its pioneering spirit, technological innovations, and willingness to partner with customers on mixer solutions. Chemineer’sfluid mixing knowledge, supported by the best application software, proprietary mixer designs, and state-of-the-art laboratory, allows it to be the preferred supplier of fluid mixing equipment.
The MIP Process Technologies Technologies (Pty) Limited attrition scrubber is a culmination of more than fifteen (15) years of experience in this field.
The attrition scrubber operates on the principle of creating more attritioning zones within the machine. Our unit is designed with multiple blades, instead of only two, thus creating numerous attritioning zones, ensuring that every particle passes through the working area. This offers multiple opportunities for particles to achieve more than adequate scrubbing.
The design of clarifiers focuses on minimizing solids escape in the overflow liquor stream and effective solids settling and removal.
MIP Design Considerations
In our design, we consider not only your process data, but also the long-term mechanical performance, maximum circuit efficiency, availability and minimized operating costs.
Our dust extraction equipment covers the full spectrum of Dry and Wet Air Pollution and includes the following:
- Bag Filters – reverse pulse
- Cartridge Filters – reverse pulse
- Wet and Dry Scrubbers
- Screen Covers
- Mobile Dust Filtration Unit
The MIP Process Technologies Technologies (Pty) Limited Flocculant make-up plants are of a modular design and they can be supplied as an integral packaged unit. The air drying process allows pneumatic conveying of dry Flocculant powder to be deposited to a remote system, e.g. the top of a thickener.
We employ high shear attritioning of the newly wetted discreet Flocculant particles and gentle mixing of the wetted Flocculant for ageing. There is no inter-stage pump between wetted Flocculant and storage, instead the Flocculant is transferred via a dart valve. Our Flocculant make-up utilizes static mixing of concentrate Flocculant and dilution water.
The MIP horizontal belt screens offer the following design features.
- Pre-engineered units: proven short delivery times
- No vibration: eliminating expensive support structure
- Low noise levels: environmentally friendly
- Range of screen apertures: process specific design
- Low power consumption: low operating costs
- High availabilities: minimal production losses
- User friendly: ease of operation
- Flexible: easy to change parameters
Chemineer’s leadership position among mixer suppliers is demonstrated by the way it has revolutionized the agitation industry over the years.
Customers look to Chemineer to solve their mixing challenges. The key to Chemineer’s success is the belief that business prospers as a result of good customer service. The commitment to quality, service and timely response has earned Chemineer the right to participate in its customers’ business.
Some of the simple basic rules of sampling are:
- As a minimum, the cutter gap in a sampler cutter must be three times as big as the largest particle being sampled.
- The sample cutter must move through the stream at a constant rate.
- The maximum velocity of a sample cutter through a stream is 600mm/second.
- More small cuts are preferable to one larger cut.
- Sample must not be contaminated by splashing when the sampler is in the stationary position.
Thickeners are used in continuous process applications where liquid-solid separation by sedimentation is involved. Thickeners have three basic purposes:
- Concentration, or raising the density of a mixture of solids and liquids (feed slurry).
- Clarification, which involves removing solids from the mixture.
- Hydro-separation, where a specific fraction of solids is removed from a mixture.
In some applications, thickeners recover valuable solids whereas valuable liquids are recovered in others. In addition, thickeners are an economic means for of process waters. Clarifiers are extremely efficient for treatment of waters.